Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fiber And Non Fiber Food

back in my hood

Dear Reader,
how they are? I'm fine.
Vancouver
me back. At least temporarily. Why? Now:

After a week in Banff, I had my first interview in a Starbucks in the Safeway supermarket. Seeing that the job situation was very hairy at the times of the season (can you see in the morning to 10 more people than normal customers Resumes distributed in the streets) I was initially happy that someone has at least reported, and I cheerfully booted for Safeway.
has arrived since you told me then that I would certainly earn $ 12 an hour, Safeway sets general people but only as a part-time employees. To this was then (and this was probably for me the ausschlagebende reason that it was "Joa and if you here will set, then the beard off, his hair short and in general. " That would then probably Adieu Festival tapes and so I thought: age, never "
Now would be a dream job with great people, in a beautiful location, which would have at least paid the rent and the (not exactly cheap) other maintenance, I would have even one probably even me can talk about this dress code Nazi methods, but in artificial light irgendnem supermarket lobby, shit-looking to sell coffee and then to not even have enough money to save a bit of skiing and or party to go, but I am not in Canada!
is given that if you're not too crazy (Will not talk every day for months on the new runway) is about skiing, Banff offer in the winter but probably not so many other things added.
To this knowledge-rich, with the good feeling I chose the right to have returned to the hostel. There I learned
of my new roommate Timon of Flensburg, that he and Tammy wanted to do the next morning on the way towards Lake Louise. The good thing here: Tammy had ne cart. So I decided once again within minutes, but not to stay in Banff and I prefer to first look at the surrounding highlights
was so neatly taken leave in the hostel internal pub, grabbed the backpack to 3 clock at night and the next morning after 4 hours of sleep we went early to the hostel parking area. This should then also be the first to the farthest place we did it for the time being, since the rather fucked-farmer's son did not want to start car.



pushing did not help, casually lift up the hood and not, as was therefore needed a jump start helpers. Precisely those we found in a nearby hotel to us very friendly and granted free start.
took two hours late, then go to Lake Louise. This might have been the beginning of my preparations for Canada on the list and I was not disappointed. But first things first:
arrived in Lake Louise (The "City" means the same) we were told that we can not three clock to the hostel. We decided that is the first hike to start right from the parking lot and after a stop at the overpriced supermarket Touriinfo and off we went to the top of Fairview Mountain. The time we sat in the neck, as we the steep, icy and probably at night with grizzly-frosted path is not planned to do on the way back in the dark. We therefore there
raufgehetzt as stupid. When we reached after calming good hour the first plane struck and quite thought "Yay, almost done", we were naturally disappointed and had us over an hour a 30% increase in rock hill up torture. At the end you got to feel the short night but neat time for long periods was not unfortunately. Rarely was a bit stressful in my life! Tammy (the East Frisian is also the first I've met!) Became the Tiger Mountain and was always ahead of us a few feet after hours of us at some point we reached on all fours, climbing the top of the peaks. I was seldom flashed Sun I'll let these pictures speak for themselves:





night I had probably one of the best evenings ever Hostel (!) Sauna, shower, bed. Amazing!
was called the next morning to get up early to look at the sunrise at Lake Louise.



It was quite nice but not what to expect after Timon and the ascent to the Little Beehive:




Then another fix walked the Trail of six glaciers and after five hours and finally at car arrived.



It was noon, we had wanted to go to Jasper and the famous Icefieldparkway before us. The route between Lake Louise and Jasper, which is fully packed with crazy attractions landscape such as this one:



In Dark we reached Jasper and settled in the HI hostel. The hostel is pretty old school with a huge dormitory is where you can then listen to the snoring of the other 39 students. As bad as I imagined it did, it was not but then it was only 22 $ / night at least, rather cheap.
two days (which of course was moved to sufficiently) and 3 nights flew by. We met a nice Englishman named Josh know, carved pumpkins (second place (!)) And were generally quite fun.





(which is in the middle of us)

Tammy wanted then the next Day early in the morning to Vancouver and I had a choice between a week to spend in Calgary or to drive back to Vancouver and then from there to come to Montreal.
Is this even a question? Calgary While I have not seen it all (really all) people say but how boring the town is. I would have to pay the Greyhound and then a week Hostel and would be stuck in a stupid town where you can still do not even something big.
However, I knew that I might cause a crash in Vancouver Doddys couch, a few nights in my old apartment to spend cozy, all the good people (which are still here at least) can see again, and for me Montreal to recover (which after 3 weeks, turbulent times is needed again!).
bang - I was almost mentally in the car. The next day we are
shortly after 7 to go and behold the car started immediately! Fat. It was then a bit frustrating to get past it to anyone Hitchhikingort, because we have used for the tedious hitchhiking even a week and we track are back once just left in a day, but because you realize sometimes what kind of a luxury one set of wheels to have. Timon, we delivered from Whistler, the plane wants to try his luck in the ski season and as we were seeing at 8 clock to slow the rainy skyline of Vancouver, I was overcome after-coming-home feeling. As much as I wanted away from Vancouver at the end, so beautiful it was back to the city purely to stand down and finally in front of my old apartment. Once at the top then I was sooo warm welcome by Doddy and the new roommate and two friends and although I was only 3 weeks away and it even feels a bit like when I had never been away, it was SO great. I was then also convinced that I at least stay until Friday, since then a huge Halloween party on a boat (how decadent) increases what Doddy got through his school cheap tickets. The next flight is half paid before next week Monday so far I'm still a whole week to relax and feel at home. SO great!

Last night we have then carved pumpkins (I'm so so slow in training) and it was great fun! There was also a great reunion with Meals, which was sooo great. The time now is moved and tomorrow I will help her be restored (and even I'm looking forward to - I'm here once a real high grade).

Otherwise is it very comfortable, it's raining outside, I have the heating on, drinking hot chocolate (soy of course) and listen to Frank.

Vancouver - you can already quite something!

xo

C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment